Everyone uses Gmail application on a wide range of devices starting from the desktops and laptops to mobile phones. You can change the Gmail password for your Gmail account on any device that you like. The methods to change the password on certain devices are below.
This Article is about change Gmail Password and sign in Gmail with the new Password.
Change Gmail password on computer, laptops & Smartphones
To change the Gmail password the following is the procedure that you should follow to make a change to the Gmail password of a particular Gmail address using your computers, laptop, smartphone. Visit the Gmail sign in page on your computer’s web browser or Click here.
If you have chosen to stay signed in to Google account, then you will automatically be taken to the Gmail inbox. If not, then enter the email address and the password to login into the Gmail Account.
- Now you are in the Gmail inbox, look for the Settings gear icon on the right side top corner of the inbox page. Press on it when you find it.
- A drop-down menu will show and choose the Settings option from the box.
- There will be a new display screen seen, where you will find a lot of options like General, Labels, Inbox, Accounts and Import, Filters and Blocked Addresses,etc., on the top.
- Choose the Accounts and Import option and click on it. A detailed menu will be coming up on the screen. Look for the Change account settings main option and check out Change password option in it or see image below.
- Click on the Change password option and you will be asked to verify first if you are the one looking to change the password. For this, you will be asked to key in the password for the Gmail address in the space provided see.
- Once you enter the current password, click the Next option. You will now be directed to the password change form.
- Now, you will find the space to enter your new password for the Gmail address. Make sure you enter a strong password that is more than 8 characters long. Ensure that you include special characters and numbers in the password & don’t reuse the password for other accounts. And Changing your password will sign you out of all your devices, including your phone. You will need to enter your new password on all your devices.
- You will again be asked to re-enter this new password just below the first one. Enter the same one again.
- Then click on Change password option to confirm the changing of the password.
Now, you can log in to the Gmail account with the new password and your old password will not be working anymore.
Gmail password on iOS devices
- Tap on the Gmail app icon from the home screen of your iPads or iPhones. Gmail will open up. If you are accessing it for the very first time on your iOS device, then you would be required to key in your email address followed by the password to get access to the Gmail inbox.
- You will find the menu option on the top left-hand corner of the iPhone screen after you get into Gmail inbox. It will be represented as three horizontal lines one over the other.
- Once you tap this, a drop-down menu will come on the screen. Scroll down to locate Settings option and tap on it.
- Choose the account for which you would like to change the password in the Accounts option.
Once you press that, you will find the Manage your Google Account option. Tap on it and you can see the various drop-down options in which you should tap on the Sign in and security option. Once you press this option, you will now see the password menu with changing your password option. Tap on this to change the password.
Now, the login field will once again show up on the iPhone screen. You will need to enter your username for which you need to change the password once again.
After keying the username, just tap on the sign in option under this field.
- Now, you will be asked to enter the new password for this email address. Care must be taken when entering the password as it needs to be a strong gone that involves different sized alphabets, numbers, and punctuations. It has to be at least 8 characters long.
- Make sure you choose the new password that you can remember and is also strong.
- There will be another type box as well where you will be asked to key in the same password once more for a double check.
- After you have entered the password twice, tap on the change password option. If both entries are the same, Gmail will instantly change the password for the chosen email address.
Sign in to Gmail with the new password
It is very important to check if the password you have entered is activated and works fine. Hence, signing in after password creation is very important to check. The following are the steps involved to sign in to the Gmail account.
- Open the web browser and visit gmail.com to get access to the sign in page.
- Here, you will first be asked to enter your email address that ends with @gmail.com. Enter it in the Email Adress (or) Phone number and press the Next option.
- You will now be directed to the password page. Here, you have to type the newly created password without any mistakes. Be certain to key in the exact password as it is case sensitive.
- After this, click on the sign in option.
- If the username and the password you entered matches with the Gmail data, you get instant access to the Gmail inbox.
Also Read: Gmail login Gmail sign up TCS Webmail